Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703 Failed - Error 0xc1900107


Note: If you are considering installing the Windows 10 Creators update you might want to be aware of some of the issues users are currently facing with random shutdowns, no internet connection, poor memory management, and more. You can read about why I'm uninstalling the Creators update here.

Update: Microsoft have now released a statement urging people not to manually update to the Creators Update, Microsoft is working on making the update available for more users and will make the update available once compatibility issues have been resolved.

Over the last couple of days my computer was constantly asking me to restart my computer so that updates could take place and I didn't think anything of it, I knew the creators update was coming and just assumed all the updates were part of it, then I took a closer look and discovered that it was indeed the same one update which was repeatedly failing to install, Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703 and in the event viewer the error code 0xc1900107.

Upon some brief Google searches I found a variety of different possible causes but nothing specific, I also discovered that Microsoft has a tool called Upgrade Assistant which can help you update to the Creators update, disregarding any other suggestions I thought I'd try that first.

The upgrade assistant went through the process of downloading the Creators Update while I continued working on my PC, and once it was ready I let it restart to install the update. In my case, this solved the problem without having to try any of the different troubleshooting steps like deleting temporary files, disable peripherals and antivirus software, updating display drivers .etc

You can download the creator's update Upgrade assistant from Microsoft's website at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=799445

If you do continue to have problems with the installation however, try some of the tips from https://www.groovypost.com/howto/prepare-computer-windows-10-creators-update-version-1703/

Was this helpful?

Yes No


Comments