Why I'm Uninstalling The Windows 10 Creators Update




For the last week, Windows 10 had been nagging me to update my computer to the Creators update, I recently discovered the install was failing so I fixed it and upgraded to the latest version of Windows.

Everything seemed fine at first, I had the new version of paint and all the other new features, everything was fine, so I began working as usual with music playing, and a couple hours later I hear this horrid sound coming from my computer.

The sound of my computer freezing up and the music slowly coming to a stop, the whole system was frozen and I couldn't do anything, I had to force a restart, losing some of my work in the process.

I thought it could be a one off so I continued to use my computer again as usual, a couple hours later something similar happens again, this time I could still move the mouse and click on icons, but I couldn't open any programs or anything, it may as well have been frozen.

This along with other little problems such as my antivirus nolonger working lead me to uninstall the update and revert back.

I don't think it's acceptable to have an update like this, an update that could at any moment crash your PC and make you lose valuable work, I'm disappointed that Microsoft has released an update in a state like this and hope that they conduct more extensive testing in the future.

Was this helpful?

Yes No


Comments